SQ Japanese Bantam rooster wanted or eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mrlsmith, Dec 20, 2010.

1. mrlsmith

mrlsmith New Egg

Dec 20, 2010
    SE Pennsylvania
    My daughter has been showing black tailed tailed whites for 2 years. We now realize that we don't have any with the short legs that the type requires. Can anyone help us find the short leg genes for the true breed type? A rooster would be ideal. Hatching eggs would be good too. Another variety could work also, especially mottled. The key is getting the short legs.
    Thank you for any advice.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I just got a trio of BTW and 2 mottled hens this past weekend. The rooster had the teeny-tiny short legs that are desired. One of the mottled girls also has short legs, the rest of the girls are not too awfully leggy, about medium length. I would think that being winter time they won't start laying til spring, but I'd be happy to send you some of their eggs when they do start laying [​IMG]

Check with jenjscott as well, I know she has SQ mottleds, I'm not sure about BTW.

3. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I have BTW laying now, My mottled hens aren't laying yet (2 eggs in weeks) But I will be hatching all of those I get for the first part of the year, if they ever start laying. These will be available later in the year. One hen just won the JBBA national at Shawnee. The BTWs did well also, with the best rooster and the best hen in the group. These are what are producing now. I am also getting occasional black and barred eggs. Fertility is unknown, I plan on checking this week.

4. mrlsmith

mrlsmith New Egg

Dec 20, 2010
    SE Pennsylvania
    Wow. My first question post results in two very helpful replies! Thank you very much.
    Marc

5. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Quote:Oh my gosh, I missed that. Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by