1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SQ mottled bantam cochins - **SOLD** - North Cent. Fl

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Making a loooong story as short as possible... DD and I have been slowly building our exhibition bantam cochins since last spring...only purchasing SQ birds from reputable breeders. A few months ago we purchase these 2 cockerels and 3 hens from Bantyman. He hatched them from eggs that he bought from Hattrick. Since then, the Army has come knocking on DD's door and she will be leaving in May for counter-intelligence school for 5-8 months.

Since the birds are all at her house with only her elderly grandmother helping her with them, we have decided to disburse everything except our blacks.

I'm asking $125 for these gorgeous show quality birds. Photos don't do them justice. Please PM with questions. (The wind is blowing the pullets tails in the pics...they are very smooth and thick and lay flat)

I can ship if necessary but it will require 3 boxes that would be strapped together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    They are really gorgeous and if was breeding Bantam Cochins I would have to have them for that price. I think it is a great deal for such quality birds.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    That is just SOOOO mean....posting those GORGEOUS birds when I can't get them....LOL

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Quote:Thanks, Bama...I'm certainly trying to be fair. I know some 4-H kids could walk away from a show with these cochins.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Wish I could take them. I got hurt at work and am on light duty (and light pay to go along with it) down $1500/mo right now so money is tight. I love the roo. I'd be happy with just him!

6. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

omg im so glad that i got your eggs before u got rid of the stock ! [​IMG] im so sorry that u have to down size [​IMG]

7. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    I would love to have them but im all the way up in NC.

8. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I would have loved to have them but I have a group of 10 chicks who are feathering in really nice and have my trio with pullets from Judy Gantt. So I just don't have room. Good luck though, whoever gets them will be lucky.

9. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    ohhhhhh......... wow.

I am gonna have to look at some logistics today!

Katie

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    All these are SOLD...Thank you daygrower and LMeggs!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by