SQ Muscovy Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by txcarl1258, Mar 7, 2014.

1. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Does anyone know of any breeders who raise Show Quality Muscovy ducks who ship day olds or hatching eggs? I haven't had much luck locating any one who keeps their scovies sperated by color.

2. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I breed and raise muscovy and do show them but not all are show standard colors.
    I have blue pieds, chocolate barreds (some bibbed, some pied), black pied, black barred, lavender barred pieds, and blue fawn bibbed.

I breed for size as well as temperament, broodiness, foraging ability, and try to breed to show standards (minus the colors)

I ship day olds as well as juvies and adults

3. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Learycow,
    Do you have any pictures of the lavenders and the chocolates and blue pieds? Do you keep them separated by color?

4. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Can u show me a picture of your lavender barred ducklings, I'm not sure if my new ducklings are lavender that I hatched from some of my ducks who aren't lavender

5. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG]
    This is my chocolate barred trio. Pic was taken in the fall when they were roughly 6 months old. They are darker now with the only barring showing on their bellies and under the wings.
    The lavender barred/pied is in the back. Sorry, I need to take some more recent pics!

[​IMG]
    Juvenile black barred drake, from 2 summers ago

[​IMG]
    Black barred hen (mated with the lavender/pied barred drake). This clutch hatched late fall. ALL ducklings were barred. I had about 7 black, 3 lavender, and 2 silver.

[​IMG]
    These are the same barred ducklings as pictured above. Left to right: silver, silver, lavender, black, lavender, black

Hope that helps a little. I will try to get some updated pics of everybody, LOL

6. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] O my gosh they're so cute!!!!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by