SQ WHITE COCHIN BANTAMS~~~~~~~1 HaTcHeD sO fAr~~~*PIC*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lcw, Jan 19, 2010.

1. lcw

lcw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    I jus got my sq white coachen bantam hatching eggs today!!! im so eggcited!
    there goin in the bator tomorow after i git home from school! i cant wait.
    havent hatched anything in the bator since this time last year!!
    i will keap everyone updated. hopefuly will get a piture tomorow of them goin in the bator.
    will try to update often with pitures. candlin(spellin?) pitures and what have you!!!!
    and by the way theres 7 of them. ordered 6 but they sent me any extra. but hey whos complainin??

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    [​IMG]

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

5. lcw

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    the incubator is warming up as i type this. goin to be all ready for tomorow. [​IMG]
    i will update with pitures every week.i will try anyway. all you will have to remind me!! [​IMG]
    i think its goin to be fun watchin them grow.
    i also ordered 15 Cochin's from mcmurray hatchery and there due 04/19/10. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    cant wait to get em. in case you havent noticed im in love with coachens.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  6. lcw

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    im goin to be settin the eggs this afternoon after i git home from school!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i will update with a few pitures of them goin in!! i may even take 8 pitures this first update. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1 of the bators they are goin in and 7 of each egg goin in one at a time. sorry but theres goin to be alot of pitures, if i remember.;ol. you may get tired of it!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    so be sure to check in about 4:30 or so this afternoon!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. lcw

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    well i asked my grandpa if he would wait until i got home from school to set the eggs but he didnt so i couldnt get as many pitures as i wanted. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i got two pictures. one of the pitures is with the top on the bator lookin in and the other is with the top off so you can see all the eggs. [​IMG]
    i will update everytime i candle, hopefully with pitures so i can let you know how the little buggers are doing!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    well here are the first pitures!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. rocketdog312

rocketdog312 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    well, you shouda used a pencil instead to mark on your eggs. Ink can be absorbed and harm the hatch. They need to be turned 3 times a day. if you aren't using a fan. then out your included thermometer on the top of the eggs. best temp is 102 degrees on the top of the eggs. Its a good idea to get a hydrometer.

10. dovecanyon

dovecanyon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Niland, CA
    lcw - Thanks for the great pictures, your eggs look wonderful! Our fingers are crossed for a really good hatch for you. Tell Grandpa that I said he should have waited! It would have been good for the eggs to "rest" a little while after shipping before putting them in the incubator. Sorry you missed getting to put them in yourself. Try to keep your temp around 102 at the top of the eggs, keep a little bit of water in the wells, and try to be patient! Can't wait to hear what you find on your first candling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by