1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Squatting for over 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SparksNV, Nov 16, 2010.

1. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    and NO EGGS! She is an Orp/EE cross and is 29 weeks old. And I am 100% positive there are no hidden nests. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:It'll be any minute now!

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree, and isn't she pretty!

4. SparksNV

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    I hope it will be any day now! Thank you - I think she is really pretty. Her name is Verde:

She is the bottom blue & is an Orp/EE cross:

[​IMG]

5. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    It might be the short days. I have one just like her - red comb and she's also been squatting, as well as spending lots of time scoping out the nest boxes. But I realize that the days have now just barely eleven hours of light. In a couple more weeks, I plan on supplementing the light with a lamp coming on around 2 or 3 am. That ought to get those eggs popping out!

6. SparksNV

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    I've had supplemental light for about 3 weeks - comes on before it gets dark and off at 7 pm and back on at 4 am - sun is up around 6:15am. At least 2 of the 6 are laying...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by