Squatting?!?!

taunya1979

Chirping
Jun 7, 2016
My Lucy jumped out of the coop this morning as usual then dropped and squatted for about 10 seconds I've never seen a chicken do this before. She's about 4 months old now. Maybe a little older. She will be my first layer of the squatting means she's ready. Question what's the time fram from starting squatting to laying for most of you all? So excited hoping for green eggs she's an EE.

Also want to add that when she squatted she kinda pushed her wings out n fluffed them then just kinda chilled there.

Mine was squatting at 13.5 weeks. I got my first egg on 14.3 weeks. Mine was an Red sexlink. Just give it a week or two. Each chicken is different. Rough up her feathers a little bit, they love it

Now she is doing this spinning around and pushing her booty in the air of course in the banana tree clippings I just trimmed.

She has a perfectly good nesting box with nice clean bedding and a fake egg she was playing with today. I know usually the first one is like a surprise!! But how do I get her to lay in the box. Ugh that banana tree camouflages everything lol

Today, Catherine of Aragon, my SLW squatted for the first time. I'm soooo excited. From reading this board I see I still have to be patient for another week or two. How old does an Aracauna have to be to start laying though? She's Anne Bolyn in the picture (the brown girl).

Nancy

Mr RIR started squatting just over a week before laying. My SLW has ben squatting two weeks now but no eggs!

Back
Top Bottom