Squawky Chick.......

Tigertjg

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 26, 2011
My 4 chicks (1 Ameracuna, 1 Golden Buff, 1 Barred Rock, and 1 Australcorp) came in from Meyer Hatchery last week, all were healthy and happy upon receipt. And so far, all have done very well. I try to take them out a couple times a day and pet them to get used to people, but 1 ( I think it's the Ameracuna) everytime I take her out she starts shrieking loudly, and then today I had all 3 out and she was the only one left in and she started shrieking. Anyone else have this problem? Could I have gotten a roo?

That is normal.
smile.png
She is just a little nervous about her new world and probably misses her brooder mates when you leave her in there alone or take her away from them. Give her time, she will gain confidence and more than likely stop shrieking. Maybe try to offer her a little treat when you hold her. Then she will enjoy being held more because she knows a treat is coming.
smile.png

We have 5 sliver laced wyandottes who were a dream...then we added 4 aracauna hybrids, they are loud and squawky when the others are lay8ing eggs...and we have not figured out how to deal with this. We have tried pulling one out....but they just squawk the next day when they are back.

Back
Top Bottom