Squeaking Hen...help needed

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 3chimama, Jun 26, 2011.

1. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I have perused the site looking for answers but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have a 1 1/2 year old barred plymouth rock who started letting out a squeak sound for the past few days. She seems very healthy, clear eyes, no nasal discharge...almost sounds like hiccups. I thought she might have something caught in her throat and tried feeling around including her crop and I can't feel anything. Has anyone had this problem?

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Listen to her lungs under wing.... any wheezing, crackles or raspyness? Any open mouth breathing? Any discharge from eyes, nose ? Is it all the time or on occasion?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  3. 3chimama

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    she is wheezing this morning....should I give her Tylan 50?
    Quote:

4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Quote:
    SEPARATE HER ASAP! If she has any type of respritory infection you do not want to pass it on to anyone else for sure.
    Questions.....Has it been wet/chilly/damp by you??

I would give her a round of Tylan50 IM and keep her warm and dry.

Let us know how it goes........[​IMG]

5. 3chimama

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Thank you for your help. I am having a hard time finding Tylan around here...I have called wilco and coastal......ugghhh
    Quote:
    SEPARATE HER ASAP! If she has any type of respritory infection you do not want to pass it on to anyone else for sure.
    Questions.....Has it been wet/chilly/damp by you??

I would give her a round of Tylan50 IM and keep her warm and dry.

Let us know how it goes........[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by