1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Squeeze crop-Pullet Burps...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by IroquoisEgg, Sep 11, 2010.

1. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    10 week old Spitzhauben Pullet . I noticed this morning that she was fluffed up and kinda slower than usual. I picked her up and noticed her crop was full of air or gas. I pressed it and she burped so I did it a few more times and she kept burping, then a little watery clear liquid came out. Later I did the same and again she burped and pooped a little bit a while later. It seemed to all be out, the air that is, and she felt normal. But it keeps filling back up with air and her breathing sounds like a stuffy nose. As do a few others in the flock have this nose thing...please help lately I have been overrun with problems and sometimes wish I never got chickens at all. They got alot of squash, zuccini and cucmbers last night. Her regular feed is Purina Flock Raiser crumbles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by