Squishy bloody egg

Dinosaur Gal

Songster
6 Years
Aug 12, 2015
North Pole
I found a bloody squishy egg ik what hen its from she has had problems with kinda runny/soft poops and her bottem was collecting it i tried cutting off th dirty feathers as it is the middle of winter and cant wash her properly now there is a bare spot by and around her vent. I dont know what to do for her she seems to be eating and drinking normally and as far as i know there is no blood in her poop they look pretty normal. She is about 7 years old. I can try to get pictures of the egg. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

a pic would help, if you are referring to the shell a soft shell would mean she needs calcium, blood in the egg happens when the egg goes through the reproductive tract it can sometimes bust a blood vessel if it is on the outside of the egg the same thing happened it was just on the outside, as for the bare bum the poo on some feathers could have gotten heavy enough to pull themselves out.

So sorry i didnt get back to you sooner! Ive been sick with the flu. I still have the egg i can try to get a pic sometime tomorrpw or Monday if you have the time :) thanks soo much!

Back
Top Bottom