Squishy crop, sour crop?

Emma_Bruffy

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
My pullet smore had a squishy crop today, I was wondering if this always ment it was sour crop. This could be a one day thing, but I will check it in the morning before I feed them. Shes my favorite chicken so I hope shes ok.

cherrynberry

🍒 ❤️🐓
Premium Feather Member
Aug 2, 2020
California
My pullet smore had a squishy crop today, I was wondering if this always ment it was sour crop. This could be a one day thing, but I will check it in the morning before I feed them. Shes my favorite chicken so I hope shes ok.
Check in the morning and report back. 🤞

And no, squishy does not mean sour crop.

Emma_Bruffy

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
This morning it is still squishy/soft but its empty. It is a little floppy though like it is stretched out.

Emma_Bruffy

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
I just did some research and found something called pendulous crop. Could this be it and If so what should I do

Chick_daddy

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2021
Has she ever had crop problems? If she has that could be pendulous crop. If she hasn’t and the crop is empty then she’ll be fine. Just make sure she isn’t lethargic or isolating herself.

Emma_Bruffy

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
Has she ever had crop problems? If she has that could be pendulous crop. If she hasn’t and the crop is empty then she’ll be fine. Just make sure she isn’t lethargic or isolating herself.
She was isolating herself this morning, she roosted in a very unusual spot for her away from everyone else

Chick_daddy

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2021
Take her away from the other chickens for a day and see how she does. Keep feeding her regularly and if her crop doesn’t empty by morning and is still soft then she might have sour crop

Top Bottom