St. Gabriel Organics Diatomaceous Earth (DE)

shellie003

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
NE WI
Hi guys! not sure if I am posting this in the right spot. But I have been reading and reading all of the posts here regarding (DE). My local feed mill carries the St. Gabriels Orgainc Diatomaceous Earth. It says pet safe and OMRI approved. The lady at the mill swears she called the Co. and says it is food grade, however it doesn't say so on the packaging. Not I am not sure if it is because Perma Guard has the "rights" to label theirs that way or not? Has anyone used St. Garbriels Organics Diatomaecous Earth? I believe from what I can see online is that it is 85% is the top ingredient like Perma Guards.

Also in regards to using DE has anyone had any negative effects with using it around the chickens? I have been researching this for a few days and I just feel more confused about it.
barnie.gif

Thanks for your input in advance!

Shellie

85% is the top ingredient like Perma Guards.

ALL DE is 85-90% Silica.. There's nothing "organic" about it, so that part is misleading

"Food Grade" is a legal definition, so it couldn't be "copywrited" or used a a trademark.

It's "safe" to use, just like sand is safe to use, since they are both chemically the same

If you're going to use it to help control insects, it will work.

If you're planning to feed it to the birds for parasite control, it's a waste of money​

Last edited:
The st. Gabriel's is food grade there is a sticker on my package. I picked it up today from Home Depot.:)

Back
Top Bottom