St. Louis Missouri

I'm on Southwest near McCausland. hoping to get my chicks mid winter from friends in teh country. have a big 3.5X3.5 crate I'm turning into a coop plus run
or a "tractor"

I live north of troy Missouri, up by Silex on Hwy 61 as if your headed to Hannibal Mo. I just got my first 14 2 weeks ago and it's like watching chicken TV for me, well so my wife says.. I spend a lot of time out there getting to know them and what they like to eat most. it's something to do and you get EGGS what could be any better.
ya.gif

Wow, this thread was long dead! Hi everybody! My flock of 15 has grown a lot in the past 6 months and is now up to 30+. Gotta love chicken math. Micheslal, if you're ever looking to add some olive eggers to your flock I'm starting to hatch my own from Easter Egger hens and a blue Marans roo. I have my first 7 set to hatch next week and can give you an idea of the egg color they will lay in about 5 months.
smile.png
Chickens are so much fun!

oooh! that sounds neat! I don't expect to have my coop till January, so can't get my chicks before December!

I'm not in the city limits, I'm just outside of them in Bayless, and because I'm in unincorporated St. Louis County I don't have any limits. It's pretty awesome.
smile.png
I even have a rooster, much to my neighbors disdain.

Back
Top Bottom