St. Patty's Day Green Egg Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmerChef, Feb 15, 2012.

1. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I will be setting green eggs for St. Pattys day. Anyone else want to join?
    Duck eggs need to be set this Saturday, Feb 18th, and chicken eggs the next Saturday, Feb 25th.

I am setting mixed duck eggs and some EE eggs. I will also be setting a few White Leghorn/Wheaton Ameraucana eggs to hopefully hatch some green chicks. I dyed some chicks last year for Easter, now I'm going to do a few green ones. :D

2. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Woohoo! Got 9 Turken EE eggs to set yesterday from funkyfeathers, also have 9 of my own eggs to set tomorrow.

I set the 6 duck eggs along with 2 bonus olive egger eggs(will hatch a week early though)

Anyone setiing green eggs tomorrow?? :D

3. kellyn

kellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2011
    bunnell, Florida
    I'll probably set some assorted eggs tomorrow. I thought st patricks day was next week... oops? My EE's are fiiinally laying. I got the max # of 3 eggs today... slackers...!

Is there such a thing as a green duck egg?

4. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    I just set 35 Icelandic eggs and 7 Tomaru Longcrower eggs today. All are from 4 of my hens. :D

5. Goblnfvr

Goblnfvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Midland Ont. Canada
    My daughter and I are setting 8 green eggs tomorrow also.
    Good luck to everyone!!

6. kkg

kkg Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    We set 34 eggs yesterday and will be having a St. Patrick's day hatching party. We are hoping some will pip on the 16th and hatch on the 17th. Good Luck to everyone.

7. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

[​IMG]

I'm setting 58 eggs for St Patrick's day. Some are bluish and some are olives, that's as close as I've got to green. Thanks for starting this hatch, I didn't plan it this way, but it'll be fun to post and joke about green eggs.... and ham? I love ham. [​IMG] Besides, me name is Patty and I'm Irish.

I have: [3 blue wheaton ameracaunas, 3 barred olive eggers, 10 BLRW, 2 Lavendar Orp,(BHep)] 14 Barred Rocks, 8 BBSAMs, 8 brown leghorns, and 10 brown leghorn mixes.

8. kkg

kkg Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    I forgot to add that out of our 34 eggs 12 are green americana eggs.

9. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop

A lot of ducks lay light green or khaki eggs. Cayugas can lay black or charcoal colored eggs, but they also lay tan, pink and green.

10. Silkie Sue

Silkie Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2007
    Sarnia, Ontario
    I'm in.... [​IMG]
    i set the bator up today and my temp and humidity are good to go in the morning i will be putting in 15 Polish, 7 Silkies ( i am hatching for a friend) 2 Silkie x Brama x something else, and 1 Barred rock x Columbian Brama.
    So egggcited! [​IMG]
    this never gets old.
    Good luck everybody !!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by