1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stage 1 Chicken coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by debbusier, Mar 16, 2015.

1. debbusier

debbusier Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2015
    Since I picked up three little chicken pullets up last week, my boyfriend has all kinds of ideas swirling around his head in making the chicken coop. So far all the plans he found on the internet are for small coops, which he has to rethink his plans now. We both have been doing a lot of research on the internet to find products we could use for the chicken coop. Since my boyfriend works in construction we are trying to use as much free materials as possible, although we have to buy some stuff. So the “tray” that we have been seeing that comes in and out of the coops for easier clean ups. We went to thrift stores to find something that could be used as the tray, however no luck until we walked into a pet store. Right there where the replacement trays for the kennels and finally the size my boyfriend was looking for. So these are the pictures of stage 1 of the chicken coop, scrap wood, scrap metal, old wheels off roller skates, and metal bed frame. I will try to take pictures as he keeps building the coop. Thank you………[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. debbusier

debbusier Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2015
    So here is Stage 2 of the Chicken Coop: A lot of the materials my boyfriend is using are leftovers from jobs sites that would be tossed in the trash. Since we only have 3 chickens and I want the coop portable enough to move around the yard, however Robert is having a hard time trying to make it small. I think he is doing a good job on making the coop for our chickens. So this is what he got done…..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]