Stagger hatches.Need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quail kid, Mar 29, 2009.

1. quail kid

quail kid Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Hello,

I have some that have a 2 day difference so what can i do coz i have 2 turn the ones that are 2 day before but if i open the incubator the humidity will go away and the others maibe wont make it.
    Can someone tell me what to do plz they are due on wednesday.

Thanks

2. dfchaser

dfchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    NC
    I have made a second incubator to use as my hatcher. I will remove my eggs from their original bator on day 18 and set them in the hatcher.

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Treat them all like there on the same day , the closer to hatch day. 2 days of not turning wont kill them but temp and huimdity issues might . Good luck

4. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    i saw on another thread that someone used to take a couple of chop sticks and put them through the holes in the top of the bator so they would not disturb the temp and humidity much while turning them.

i think that using a couple of pencils with the eraser side on the eggs would work well enough too. i have yet to try this myself but i will be in the same situation in about 2 more weeks.

5. quail kid

quail kid Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Hello,

I got a spare incubator but the highest it will go is 96.8 F is that alright or should i do another thing?

Thnx

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  6. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Ya'll are braver than me. I would never attempt a staggered hatch without a hatcher.

7. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:OK kid, you have just learned something... In the future you space your hatches farther apart, right?? good..

do not turn the eggs, for 2 days, it won't hurt them as much as losing your hum% and heat.. just treat all the eggs equal from here on out..

good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by