1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

STAGGERED HATCH QUESTION!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlittle32, May 18, 2009.

1. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    My question is...I had guinea eggs set to hatch yesterday and today...they all hatched...but I also have EEs to hatch in a few days and then polish to hatch in a week....with all the humidty flunctuating, is that gonna hurt the ones that aren't ready?

2. countrybum

countrybum Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    I would have to say no. I stagger hatches all of the time, I just cannot see wasting all those eggs. [​IMG] The only problem I ever had with staggering hatches is when my water starting draining completely out. It should not hurt, I usually just keep my humidity between 70 and 80 all the time.

Here is what I am talking about:
    Due the 21st - 2 JG
    Due the 22nd - 10 mixed chicks
    Due the 5th - guineas and ducks
    Due the 14th - peafowl and ducks
    Due the 16 - red golden pheasants

now if that is not staggering I don't know what is. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck

3. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    You keep your humidity that high at all times??
    What incubator are you using? I have a hovabator 2362N with autoturner...

4. countrybum

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    [​IMG] I just saw what I posted. I meant between 65 and 70, I never let it go much below 65. Raising the temp for the next 4 days for the ones getting ready to hatch. I will get it up between 75 and 80 for my hatch and then decrease again after everyone is out.

As for the type it is a still air 9200. Don't remember the name brand, bought it at the co-op.

5. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    LOL I was wondering how they were hatching with the humidity that high....I am sooo new at using the incubator...but its an addiction!

6. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Oh yes--addiction--I just realized I have sent for too many eggs to put in my new 1588 Hovabator. So I will have to use the LG also.

How could I be so dumb. Sigh.

I was planning to use the LG just for a hatcher. Oh well. I do know how to hatch with it.

Catherine

7. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    NOt dumb....blinded by addiction... [​IMG]

8. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Ok, well I have 2 turkey poults, 5-6 EEs (thanks ILOVEFRIZZLES) that have hatched...a few more that are pipped and the humidity is 65-70. They are stirring up the eggs...(like they are cheering the others on)...my WCBl aren't due to hatch for another week...will they effect the eggs at all by "running over them"?

9. countrybum

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    Yours egg should be fine. I have a bad habit of staggering hatches and the only problems I have had are usually my own fault.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by