staggered hatch???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by buzzard chick, Mar 29, 2009.

1. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I've never done astaggered hatch. i have eggs due to hatch on the 5th. If I put some eggs in 5 days before will they be Ok when I up the humidity to hatch on the 5th?
    Any help is appreciated.

Jen

2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    You run the risk of drowning the non-18 dayers......it's best to have a seperate hatcher to do staggard hatches.

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
  4. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the link. I'll give it a shot![​IMG]

Jen

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I have staggered hatches all the time [​IMG] Never had a drowned chick even once.

Now what I do, is I keep the humidty around 62-65....during all hatches.

I use my incubator as a hatcher too. I incubate and hatch in the same incubator and haven't had any problems now that I have learned how to adjust my wafer correctly I have started having near to 100% hatches [​IMG] I no longer worry about the eggs. It may just be because I have an old faithful incubator or what, but I have no problems with this method. I normally wake up to a ton of chicks pretty much every other week [​IMG]

6. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    yeah, I pretty much set the bator and go. I use it as a hatcher too. I've never had the experience of a staggered hatch or a hatcher. This would be a first.

Jen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by