Stain in the carpet....

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Ok, this is not a chicken question, but I figured all my "friends" at BYC could help me out. So anybody have any idea how to get a "pet" stain out of the carpet. My boxer had a accident and now I can not get the stain out. (he tinkled on the carpet). I can not stand this clean area that I have scrubbed and there is still a brown spot in the center if that clean spot......somebody help me please...

Quote:
I always use Oxyclean on carpet stains, and it works great. We have the powder kind and I just dissolve it in some hot water and pour over stain. Allow to sit for a little while. I use our steam vac then to rinse and suck it up. This has even worked on old dog vomit stains.

Hmmm, I actually have a jar of Oxyclean at home that I have never used. I also have a TON of pet stains (lost my mind and had cream colored carpets installed in a house with 3 dogs and 2 cats). Was going to clean the carpets tonight so I might have to try this.

When you say "pour" do you mean just dump it out of a bowl or spray it heavily or what?

Nature's Miracle for one (PetCo,. PetSmart), and then soak the darned stain with ammonia for 20 minutes before you sop it up. It keeps them from wanting to go there again. I have had so many animals pee on my carpet I am about a master at this. After the ammonia dries, spray it with hair spray.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Debi, sorry to laugh about that, but I only can because I'm in the same boat. I just haven't mastered the clean-up. What does the hair spray do?

It makes the carpet resistant to stains - of course it's not a good idea to hair spray your whole carpet, but because it smells and is sticky, the animals will stay away from that spot long enough to get the picture. I swear by Nature's Miracle though, if you have cats, they make one especially for their own special perfume of pee.

bun.gif
(this is me dancing)... You guy's are the bomb!!! I thought that I was a master, but this dang dog has showed me that I am not. Don't know if I can get my hands on nature's miracle right now, but I can the oxyclean... How much do I use in the water chickenfever?

I had to buy a hand held cleaner. It took forever to potty train my dog. Of course this is after I replaced the carpets
barnie.gif
I fill the container with undiluted natures miracle, clean it until I can't stand up anymore, then soak the spot in natures miracle overnight and go over it with the hand held cleaner filled with pure water. Non of my animals have sniffed the spots that I have cleaned, so it works very well. Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I have OCD.

Quote:
HAHAHA! OCD, yeah, that's kinda hard to deal with when you animals .... Ammonia really helps keep them away from the area too, and believe it or not, it doesn't leave an odor of ammonia behind either.

Back
Top Bottom