stained or painted? What stands up best? Cleans best?

mudpaw

Songster
10 Years
Sep 29, 2009
West Point, GA
I'm trying to decide on whether to stain or paint my new bigger coop (to be built)...I think either would look good, but I just can't decide. How does the stain hold up? I don't want to have to redo it in a year or two. If I stain it, I will paint the interior white for clean-ability and light reflection in winter. Or should I just pain the whole thing? I have a smallish backyard and I don't want this coop to be overpowering...So...which do you think?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the stained/sealed with latex-painted interior. We have a wood privacy fence we adding to this summer (the coop backs up to the fence) and I'm going to stain the old and new fence so hopefully they blend better-so if I do the same to the coop- it will blend nicely I think :>

I *really* like the Behr Solid and Semi-Solid Siding/Fence Stains. They come in a huge array of colours and last forever. Our run-in shelter for the pony is stained with the Behr Solid Stain for Siding and Fences in Colony Blue
smile.png
Looks fantastic.

We used the Thompson's Water Seal in a Honey Gold color. This gives you the option to water seal the coop but also add some color. They have a few colors available. On the inside we applied polyurethane.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom