1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

STAINED VENT

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lilywater101, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Lilywater101

Lilywater101 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2009
    Hey, Could anyone please give me help on my hen. Her vent is stained with feces and has not cleared up. At the moment she has been acting fine. But her eggs do come out with blood smeared on the egg or with some poop. Is this normal?? Any advice on how i can get her vent cleaned up or what she has?? Is her vent "condition" have anything with how her eggs come out. Please help any suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated![​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    It's OK to bathe a chicken. Bring her into the house and put her in a sink with a few inches of warm water. That will break up the feces and give you a clear view of what's going on.

Be sure to dry her off - a hair dryer on low works well - before you put her back outside.

3. Lilywater101

Lilywater101 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2009
    Thank You for your help. I will try it.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by