Stall Barn to coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BaldMonkey, Feb 17, 2008.

1. BaldMonkey

BaldMonkey Cooped Up

Feb 10, 2008
    [​IMG]
    This is going to be our new coop converting the 2 center stalls over

2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Wow, that is really nice. Are you going to enclose the runs? What will be in the other two stalls, feed and tools?

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    nice! I feel so dump tearing down the horse barn. I coulda turned it into a coop

4. BaldMonkey

BaldMonkey Cooped Up

Feb 10, 2008
    I am enclosing the 2 centers with a doorway betwwen them. They are 10ft deep by 8and 1/2 acroos by 8ft tall each. I am not sure as of yet what i am going to do with the other 2 stalls . We already have a nice tool shed with a leantoo that we keep the yard tractor in.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I converted a shed, that was full of junk and stinky! Now its full of little fluffy butts enjoying the large open space coop!

I think its easier to convert, but does take some thought and hard work.....

Its very rewarding!

6. BaldMonkey

BaldMonkey Cooped Up

Feb 10, 2008
    I will post more pics soon. Just needed a day of rest Mrs Butthead.aka Broom Hilda and I have been a little under the weather.

7. BaldMonkey

BaldMonkey Cooped Up

Feb 10, 2008
    This a little better pic of the stall barn and one of the original dirt dogs..Our Boy's...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I could die over that fence!!!! I LOVE it, how quaint and country, love it, love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I'll second that fence - its so quaint!

And those dogs, well you can just send them over to me, my kids will help them dig in the dirt for sure! [​IMG]

10. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Love the fence!! Did you build it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by