Standard Buff Cochins ~ Mature ~ Very Large

Backyard Bantam

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
~ These are the very first pair of chickens I ever bought. I bought this pair at the North Carolina, Morganton show back in March of 2011 ~ They are just over a year old, and are very healthy birds. The rooster, is one of the biggest roosters I have ever owned, he weighs 10LBS! The hen is about half his size, and is about 6-7lbs. I have never had a problem with these birds; they have never had mites (under my control) or any diseases. The rooster and hen are both molting right now, so I am sorry for the poor pictures. The roosters comb and wattles are very large and red, displaying his great health. His comb is stiff, and not floppy. The hen however, had been beat up a little bit, one of the tips on her comb is black and shriveled, but will grow back after a period of time. The leg feathering is great, and the feathers go all the way down to the toes. The rooster is just now getting his spurs in. The only “defect” in the rooster, is that he crows VERRRRRY loud, that is not the reason I am selling him, but because I am moving to seramas. These birds do not need a lot of space, I keep them in a 6x8 coop, with a 6x14 run, along with many other chickens. I have not been getting a lot of eggs lately due to the change in weather, but when they adapt, she will start on her normal schedule again. I get about an egg every other day from her, almost all of them are fertile. I have hatched somewhere between 20-30 chicks from her, all of them grew up to be very healthy. ( I have 4 three-week old chicks for sell as well)
~As you can see, I care about these birds a great deal, and know someone else will make a great owner for these birds as well~
*Below are many pictures of my Cochins (which are molting, so they are not in great condition).

*I DO NOT ship at all, if you are interested or have questions, please PM me, text or call :(704)-928-8446, or email me, Jeremy.

82272_img_7266.jpg

82272_img_84851.jpg

82272_img_84941.jpg

82272_img_84921.jpg

82272_img_85011.jpg

82272_img_85091.jpg

82272_img_85141.jpg

Back
Top Bottom