Standard Dewlap Toulouse

Discussion in 'Geese' started by NapoleanGoose, Sep 16, 2010.

1. NapoleanGoose

NapoleanGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Bishop CA
    Some photos of my breeding birds this fall. My girls are 3 yrs old this Spring. I have a gander that will be 1 1/2 yrs old and another that will be 3 yrs old.

I'm taking reservations for eggs in Spring 2011 if anyone is interested. Eggs are $20 each. This year's fertility was 70-80% on shipped eggs and 90% in my own incubators.

Please visit my site for more information on Toulouse. It's still under construction though.
    http://www.wix.com/_Ignis/Waterfowl...-a&gu_id=5727b2d3-f2bb-41e8-9f77-4d7f69b7b98c

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Young Gander. He looks small but he's over 30 lbs!

[​IMG]

I also have a breeding group I am testing this year if anyone is interested in getting eggs from them. It is their first spring, there are no guarantees that they will lay or lay well but they may or may not produce buff males, buff females, buff splits, and greys.

They are 5-6 months old. Only the buff females and grey male w/ blue band will be included in the breeding. Birds are molting, sorry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Message me, or email me at afkomjorgen(at)gmail.com
    replace at with @

Thank you
    Sierra

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Have they won any best of breed awards at any shows? If not I would think the eggs are a tad overpriced.

3. NapoleanGoose

Mar 4, 2010
    Bishop CA
    Have they won any best of breed awards at any shows? If not I would think the eggs are a tad overpriced.

The gander has won Grand Champion of Show and Best Waterfowl
    One of the geese won Reserve Grand Champion in 2009 and 2nd place this year.
    They have also won two thirds and another first between the rest of them.

The bigger buff goose won 1st.

All at the Tri-country show and Eastern Sierra Livestock show for 2009 and 2010 and I'll be showing them at the Stockton show also.​

4. NapoleanGoose

Mar 4, 2010
    Bishop CA
    I have more pictures of the young group if anyone is interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by