1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Standard Frizzle eggs 3 kinds-giant blue cochin,blue aruacana,& polish

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thepetpaw, Apr 15, 2009.

1. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I just got some standard frizzle polish eggs and put them in the incubator today....I am so excited.

I also have some giant cochin frizzled blue hatching eggs that I will set tomorrrow....

I am also setting some standard a frizzled aruacana eggs tomorrow....

Yeah for the frizzled standards...it seems all you find in the frizzled category is bantam....well now I am hoping to have some standards....yeah!!!!!

2. Glenda L Heywood

Glenda L Heywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    mostly it is for room people have bantams
    there are those who have raised large fowl frizzles
    they fit different catagories in the american poultry assn standard of perfection

what did you use to frizzle those different breeds with?
    was the frizzle a cock bird
    were the hens only regular feathered?

You don't breed frizzle to frizzle after the first yr making them
    but keep all the regular feathered birds as they are called "smooths"
    then when breeding frizzle to smooth you do away with
    extreme frizzles which have to be disposed of as their amount of feathers are not there
    the frizzling makes them not have feather folicles for feathers to grow into

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  3. Jeff9118

Jeff9118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    You are frizzle crazy LOL Curious where you got the standard frizzle cochin eggs. I have a friend looking for these.

4. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I am going to breed frizzled roosters with smooth hens and frizzled hens with smooth rooster....I just want some frizzled polish and large frizzled cochin....and of course I wanted them to be blue...I love the blue and lavender birds.

I am also hatching frizzled blue aruacana...large fowl....so cool the green eggs from a beautiful friizled mommy!!!! The aruacanas look awesome frizzled with thier puffy cheeks!!!!

I got the eggs from a friend in Arizona.

Stunning birds...I cant wait and have my fingers crossed for the hatch....

5. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I want some TOO!!!!! I LOVE Frizzles! I have bantams, and I've been watching for big ones. [​IMG]

6. bungab123

bungab123 New Egg

Jan 17, 2013
    Hi, I would like to purchase some of your Standard Frizzle eggs for a friend. She loves frizzles and the bigger chickens, she loves blues and ones with lots of colors (I also read you may have some lavender ones, she'd like those too). Today she just mentioned the Polish Frizzles - they are so cool looking. I was wondering how many you have for sale and think I'd like to purchase 12-18 eggs. I will have to let you tell me if you have what I'm looking for, as I just like watching the hatching process, but would like to get these for her. Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

From Wisconsin, so not ready for them yet. Will hatch them at school, so we'd need them to be able to hatch sometime in May. Don't know if this will make a difference, but thought I should let you know.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  7. bungab123

bungab123 New Egg

Jan 17, 2013
    Hi, I would like to purchase some of your Standard Frizzle eggs for a friend. She loves frizzles and the bigger chickens, she loves blues and ones with lots of colors (I also read you may have some lavender ones, she'd like those too). Today she just mentioned the Polish Frizzles - they are so cool looking. I was wondering how many you have for sale and think I'd like to purchase 12-18 eggs. I will have to let you tell me if you have what I'm looking for, as I just like watching the hatching process, but would like to get these for her. Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

From Wisconsin, so not ready for them yet. Will hatch them at school, so we'd need them to be able to hatch sometime in May. Don't know if this will make a difference, but thought I should let you know.

8. I have a blue frizzled EE rooster! He's a beauty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by