Standard Lemon Blue Cochin Hatching Eggs, WA State, WILL SHIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 11, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Lemon Blue cochins (huge standards) eggs for sale. These are super-sweet, friendly birds and the hens will sometimes go broody. In fact, one of my two hens is sitting on eggs for me right now--so I only have a pair and one hen that is laying...

That said, I'll be offering eggs for sale starting next week.

These do not breed 100% true. But I did get three lemon blues, one blue and one splash from my first hatch.

Fertility has been proven here on the farm! With five out of six eggs hatching.

I will only be accepting a limited number of these for shipment since I really want them to go to serious breeders, people willing to work on the breed as well as to people who just want some gorgoeus birds! And I do not want to saturate the market, either...

$25 for six eggs, including shipping. I take PayPal.

edited to say, I will be taking photos of my birds tonight (weather permitting)

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  2. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would love a half dozen, but need them mid week NEXT week. Can that be done? Vicki:thumbsup

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Well, I'm shipping one batch out today and gathering another batch to ship this week...it's a possibility...but I certainly would not be able to guarantee when my hen will or will not lay. The weather is getting hotter, so she'll probably be slowing down sooner than later.

I could do 4 eggs for $18, shipped?

4. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

If 6 aren't available I would take 4. Get what you can and I'll take them? How does that sound? I'm getting a dozen other eggs and would like a few more to try my incubator....getting a Dickey this weekend!! Yay! Vicki

5. Rare Feathers Farm

that sounds good. PM me for my PayPal address...I'm jealous, I want a dickey!

6. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    do you think she will still be in full swing the end of may first week of june? I am in wa on the coast so shipping would be easy. I am interested in at least a dozen. I really want to work with this breed. I got a pair out of Vicki2x2's eggs and need new blood lines to keep it going. Let me know so I can expand the breeding pen asap.

7. melissastraka

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    One more question??? When will you have the LB chicks ready for pickup? I am headed that way a couple times between now and fall and would love to pick up a couple of chicks. Maybe the Orp trio too if my DH lets me [​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

I'll be hatching some out later this summer--probably July or August. Heading this way, huh? Where up here are you heading to? Do you know where Okanogan, WA is? LOL

9. melissastraka

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    In a couple of weeks we will be heading to Spokane and then to Tri-Cities for Track Meets. I have never been where you are but i am willing to travel for these chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by