standard roos and bantam hens?

bocephus87

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 21, 2009
I am new to owning chickens and recently purchased 2 roos that were supposed to be hens, one is much more friendly than the other so i wouldnt mind finding a new home for the other.

my question is if i get 2 black cochin bantam hens would they be ok with the one standard roo?

i understand that if i keep both of the roos they may get agressive. is there anychance of them all
roll.png
getting along?

I don't know if I'd put Standard roos with smaller hens - the hens may get injured if the roos try to mate. You also might want to consider getting a few more hens. One hen per roo is not really an appropriate ratio. My 4 boys have 27 hens. You don't need that many, but more than one hen per roo.
I have 4 roosters together in my main coop. My 2 silkie boys... they get along with everyone! And my 2 barred boys... They're afraid of the silkie roos, but they get along well with each other. The (older) silkies crow first, then the BR boys chime in with an echo.
They are from 2 different hatches. The silkies were raised together and are inseperable. The BR & BR/EE cross were raised together also. There's a dominant roo in each group and they know their place.
If the roos were raised together and have a few hens each, they may get along just fine. You didn't mention what breed they are. Some breeds are nicer than others.

Back
Top Bottom