Standard size Blue colored Rooster wanted-ME

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by howlingwoodsfarm, Sep 26, 2007.

1. howlingwoodsfarm

howlingwoodsfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I am looking for a standard size rooster for my girls, I love the blue colored chickens so the breeds I would be interested in are: BLRW, blue chochin, EE w/blue on him. (any other blue breeds might do) Since I live in Northern Maine I figure I will have to have the prospective rooster shipped so if you have one you would part with for cheap/free you would have to be able to ship him to me. Of course I would pay shipping and box charge. I have 20 acres of land to which the chickens range in about 1 acre fenced in with the goats as company. I have 15 girls(1-Dominique, 2-BR,1-RIR, 1-BO, 4-Brown leghorns,4-white leghorns, 2-Black Australorps) just starting to lay and then 11 EE girls around 4 months old. Post your pics or email them to me at [email protected]

Thanks so much!!

Heather

2. howlingwoodsfarm

Really? None? I guess I was too specific in asking for a certain color of rooster. All I really want is a beautiful rooster to be the dad to the springs chicks. But I do need a standard size. winter here gets to -20 atleast a dozen times and I need something cold hardy. Let me know if anyone has one. THANKS

Heather

3. chickensrme

chickensrme Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2007
    Maine
    have you thought about a polosh i know a women with blue polish roosters.

4. howlingwoodsfarm

I would certainly consider a blue polish rooster. The person you know, are they down near augusta where you are? Any info you have would be great.

Thanks,
    Heather

5. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    I saw a Blue Cochin in the Uncle Henry's a month ago. Maybe you could keep an eye on them, too? Periodically they have a few.

Meghan

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Last I knew, Verthandi had some White crested blue Polish cockerels she wanted to sell...

7. chickensrme

chickensrme Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2007
    Maine
    yeah it is Verthandi that i am talking about she lives right nex to me in sideny i think she has some roosters she is looking to sell.

8. howlingwoodsfarm

I forgot about uncle henry's. I guess I don't think of that site for chickens. I will certainly keep an eye on that site and craiglist I guess also. There are a few people local I have found that have some prospective roosters I am going to check them out first.(easier then having to have him shipped or me making a probably 3 hr drive down to augusta one way) we'll see if any of those work out, but if not then I will certainly think about getting ahold of vertandi. Thanks All..

Heather

9. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    I have 2 WC Blue Polish cockerals if you are interested. And delivery is not a problem, as a lady that leases one of my horses works in Bangor. She purchased some young hens from you this summer.

Email me if you don't find what you are looking for. I hestitated to mention the ones I have as sometimes Polish do not do well with other breeds. They are standard size and are three months old. The younger ones are for sale. I might sell their sire if I decide to keep one of the chicks. He is the one in my siggy photo. He is from last years July hatch of '06.

10. howlingwoodsfarm

I will definately keep your polish in mind. I have heard that polish sometimes get picked on by other breeds also. I would HATE to have that happen. They sure are beautiful though. I'll check into the couple roo's here local and see if they are worthy of my girls. ha ha I'll let you know.

Heather

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by