standard size rocks

i am not sure, but i think it forms a sexlink, i could be completly wrong though. I remember reading about sex links, and i thought if you cross a solid to a stripes/lace the females will have the fathers base color and the males will have the mothers base color, it was an old article, i coul dbe wrong.

Google and searching this forum are excellent ways to find out what a sex-link is.

Sex-link: Crossbreed chicken that has been specifically bred for the ability to sex the males from females at birth.

i was wondering if it would still be a duel purpose chicken or would i loose quality of one or the other

White is a masking gene. If the white bird has gold under there you get one thing. Silver another. Columbian another. Barred another yet = barred.

In this case your rocks would be " a box of chocolates." You never know what you get until you try LOL

As long as any bird used is a Rock, you still get dual purpose rock type. You just can get some wild stuff going on, especially if you cross subsequent generations.

What you can't generate is partridge but that's about it.

It can be tons of fun if you aren't concerned about showing.

As long as you sell off or cull smaller, poorer birds and poor layers you can go with a whole EXPLOSION of colors, that are and aren't standard colors.

Which is not a bad thing.

If you use a BR roo over anything, all chicks will have some barring. BR hens make great sexlinks because the males will be barred and females probably mostly solid colors--I've had that experience with several different breed roos over BR hens.

And you also produce some darned nice plain ol BR's
smile.png
Ponder and her pet rabbit are quite happy Cyn. LOL

Back
Top Bottom