Standard Sultan details

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kickinchicken, Feb 21, 2011.

1. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I am preparing to breed Sultans, both bantam and standard. I have been researching all over the place and nowhere does it tell the height of the standards. I am working on building the brooder pens as well as separation pens and I need to know how high the pens need to be minimally. I don't want my roos to be squished.
    If you know of some link with more detailed info on Sultans, please post. I have a job and a life and can't spend forever online trying to find out about this breed. Its like trying to find the holy grail!

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:If you are going to breed you chickens to a standard get a American Standard of Perfection it will have all the information you will need in it.

Weight, Shape (as in comb, beak, face, wattles, earlobes, crest, tail etc.) Disqualification, and so on.

Chris

3. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Oh great! Thanks so much. This is exactly what I need. I come from a canine background and I know very well where to find dog related standards. Now I have this resource. Thanks so much! I wonder if Kindle has this....

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I doubt it.

Chris

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  5. beckschicks

beckschicks Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    kindle doesnt have it I looked [​IMG]

6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    You will have to order it from the APA, unless you find an older version for sell on ebay or other type place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by