1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Standard VS Bantam Cochin - Comparison size pics please ! :)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jacklynn, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Jacklynn

Jacklynn Chillin' With My Peeps

I would like some pics of them standing next to each other if possible [​IMG]

Thanks in advance !

2. Jacklynn

[​IMG]

3. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
  4. Jacklynn

Quote:Thank you ! [​IMG]
    I'm already subscribed though ! LOL ! [​IMG]

5. serendipityfarm

serendipityfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Connecticut
    Not great pics, but you'll get the idea:

Mille Fleur Cochin bantam roo in the middle, Blue LF Cochin hen on the right of him
    [​IMG]

Mille Fleur Cochin bantam roo in the middle, the Blue & Partridge are LF Cochins (also in pic Light Brahma, Buff Orpington)
    [​IMG]

6. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Quote:Poor guy! The MF roo looks so lost and out of place . . . you should send him to me!!

7. serendipityfarm

serendipityfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Connecticut
    Quote:Poor guy! The MF roo looks so lost and out of place . . . you should send him to me!!

Ha ha! No way! He LOVES his girls, even if he isn't getting the job done, so to speak. (The poor blue hen has the most fertile back of any bird around [​IMG] )
    He is such a character, too. I just adore him. What you don't see are his 2 MF Cochin girlfriends, who are much more appropriately sized for him, and his fave is my white Silkie (have hatched 2 babies from that cross). So, sorry Coopa, he's not going anywhere [​IMG]

~Terry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by