Standards n Bantams

Jeevan Singh

Chirping
Jan 23, 2018
Hey Everyone! This weekend I’m placing an order for chicks! I’m getting; 1 Golden Phoenix Male,2 Golden Phoenix Female,2 Black Sexlink Female,2 Jersey Giants, and 1 Golden Neck D’uccle Straight Run. Straight Run sucks but I have a Question! I know Standards and Bantams should not mix but if I get a Golden Neck D’uccle hen, the Phoenix rooster should be fine, right? After all there as light as leghorns themselves. It’s not like a 10 pound rooster. Can they live together safely, they will be raised together as chicks btw.:bunView attachment 1252137

Last edited:
G’Day from down under Jeevan :frow Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with roosters as we are not allowed to have them so I am not able to answer your question but one of the other greeters who should be along shortly will probably be able to help.

Alternatively, you could try posting on the Managing Your Flock Forum

I do know that smaller and larger breeds raised together from chicks have happily co-habitated in a mixed flock.

G’Day from down under Jeevan :frow Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with roosters as we are not allowed to have them so I am not able to answer your question but one of the other greeters who should be along shortly will probably be able to help.

Alternatively, you could try posting on the Managing Your Flock Forum

I do know that smaller and larger breeds raised together from chicks have happily co-habitated in a mixed flock.
Sounds great! :)

I mix bantams and large fowl. They might have a few squabbles but they won’t kill each other. I have RIR with my silver Phoenix. And RIR are extremely territorial. Roosters are a 50/50 they might be aggressive and might not be. Plus the only hens which are guaranteed are the sex links, so you might get more than 1 roo.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

What works for some doesn't always work for others. Give it a try and keep them all together and see what happens. If you give them enough space so they can get away from each other, it may not be a problem. Watch carefully and separate if needed.

Good luck and welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom