Stange butt and legs *pics*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by zillzill401, May 11, 2009.

1. zillzill401

zillzill401 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Hi i just brought my chicks home yesterday, and all is well, and everyone is happy and active. But i have been reading on the forms about some issues. I noticed something weird on my little chicken's bum. at first i thought it was pasting up and i tried the normal remedy, wipe with a warm paper towel, sure enough she pooped right as i set her down and i thought all was well. but i kept looking to make sure she will stay healthy. and well i found out about prolapse. so i looked at my chick looked at the page then the chick and tried to look up the vets number. then i thought of this, and i looked found a remedy of honey, tried it, and failed. so i registered to become a member and ask. so here we are, i also notice a strange color on the legs and thought (sorry for the pun) ill kill two birds with one stone. here are the pics and please answer soon.

[​IMG]
    blue
    [​IMG]
    yellow
    [​IMG]

2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Just give the one with the strange bottom some time. It sometimes corrects itself.
    There is nothing wrong with green legs.

Oh and Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  3. zillzill401

zillzill401 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Thanks for your help. I am sure that I over reacted a little I guess it comes with being a new parent.[​IMG]

4. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    What do you think is work with its legs???? The color. I dont see angthing wrong with its legs [​IMG] And the bum problem should heal up on its own I had my chick have that and in a week it was all better by its self. Maybe just from pooping so hard that what i think happend to mine. Oh and Welcome you will find lots of great info on here and The BYC people are great

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by