1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

stargazer chick...doing better? PolyViSol

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenlisa, Mar 5, 2009.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I got my new chicks yesterday morning. There are 25+ and 1 Buff Orp was tipping her head so far back that she kept falling over. She stayed by herself in the corner and seemed to be like that every time I checked on them. I did start giving her drops of PolyViSol baby vitamins. She didn't like it, but I did that a few times yesterday. I didn't think I'd find her alive this morning. (She hadn't walked over to drink or eat at all when I watched her.I gave her water and food though.) She was already smaller looking, but alive and getting around when I got up this morning. I gave her more of the Vit drops....just really dribbled it on her beak and she swallowed a little bit of it. She looks so much better tonight. Should I keep giving her the drops and if so, for how long? I did this last year when I had another chick like that, but that chick ended up dying.
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by