Staring and Waiting...LOL

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Adoxieandadingo, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Adoxieandadingo

Adoxieandadingo New Egg

Sep 9, 2007
    My daughter and I are staring and watching our 5 Leghorns every day WAITING for some eggs. They seem to be having a wonderful time torturing us. One sat down today or more like squatted and we were like..IS IT?? Of course not, she was being a tease. Our Indian Runner ducks arent ready to lay yet, but the Leghorns are almost at 20 weeks. We didnt hatch them, but they are getting close. So, while waiting for the chickens and ducks to lay eggs, we are also watching our new rabbit who is pregnant. Our chickens really arent "free range" in the sense that they live in a space about 30' x 30'. They jump on the fences and stare at the neighbors..its GREAT!
    This would ALL be normal if I didnt live in the suburbs of NYC where everyone thinks we are nuts!! LOL!! When we tell them we have chickens and ducks and all our other assorted animals, they just look at us in a strange way. Glad to be a part of this board..[​IMG]

Christina

Proud owner of 5 leghorns, 2 Indian Runners, 5 rabbits, 9 rats, a Weimeraner, a Daschund, a Dingo, a cat, 3 goldfish and a turtle. Oh yeah, proud Mom of a 15 year old daughter too..[​IMG]

2. Zenbirder

Zenbirder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    Christina,
    You are not nuts, the rest of the NYC world is! You will get eggs at some point, and they will be soooo good.
    Welcome

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  3. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    Welcome!

Hope they don't tease you too much longer. And it sounds pretty cool to have a mini-farm in NYC!

trish

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Wecome Christina, the eggs will come. It is just awful not knowing when!

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I'm wondering if I lock them up in the coop for the next week if I will find eggs they may be laying "somewhere"!!! I've got one with a comb so big it's starting to flop. And still not a single egg!!! :thun

Left early yesterday and thought maybe, just maybe, if they are in the coop all day and not let out until the next morning there would be just one. [​IMG]

Not on your life:th

I'm beginning to think I will forever be eggless!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by