Started a chicken blog if anyone wants to follow :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jesschickens, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Jesschickens

Jesschickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2011
  2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Just checked out your blog, nice! I will have to follow, love reading different blogs [​IMG] (I have a list I follow) There is one picture on your blog that is really big, I could not see all of it with my netbook computer. Just thought I might give you that advice when posting pics [​IMG] Hope you don't mind, not meaning it mean or ugly or anything.

3. Jesschickens

Feb 8, 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice. I am new to all this so I def do NOT mind any suggestions..I am going to try to see if I can fix it now...So happy you are going to follow. I am excited to keep a journal of my chicken journey lol

4. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    I'm a follower now! [​IMG] I'm Mandy's Rabbit Ranch

5. Jesschickens

Feb 8, 2011
    cool Im excited to have followers!! thanks guys...everyone is so nice and helpful here

6. Rathbone

Rathbone Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Mojave Desert
    I liked it. I chose my chickens pretty much along the same lines you did - we have silkies, and orpingtons (and a few others). I liked the australorps but went with the buff instead. I chose for docility primarily, after that, egg production and broodiness. So far the favorite chickens seem to be some sizzles. I thought silkies were docile, but our sizzles are true lap chickens. Have fun!

7. Jesschickens

Feb 8, 2011
    Oh cool I am going to look into sizzles right now!

8. Jesschickens

Feb 8, 2011
    I looked into sizzles I LOVE them. Tried to get some eggs but none are available on ebay!

9. Rathbone

Rathbone Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Mojave Desert
    Just keep watching - someone will list some eventually. And when mine are old enough to lay I will keep you in mind. (My son's rooster's name is Cozy - and that name is a perfect description.) I see a lot of people who seem to make money selling chicks and eggs - I never do.[​IMG] But I enjoy immensely being able to give something I so enjoy to someone else who will also enjoy them.

10. Jesschickens

Feb 8, 2011
    Thank you, I will def buy from you!! Keep me in mind [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by