Started by first batch of eggs in the incubator today.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bmac, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Bmac

Bmac Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2011
    I've been lurking on here for a while, reading all I can. This is my first post. Thought I would share with you all that I put my first batch of eggs in the incubator this morning. They are 5 Amerucana eggs and 6 EE eggs. I guess I will see what the coming days will bring. The incubator is made by C.Q.F. manufacturing and it says its a model "1202". anybody know anything about this kind if incubator ?

2. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Lots of good luck with your first hatch, but bewarned it's so addictive [​IMG] And I'm sure you'll find lots of info in this section to help out along the way. Are you sure your incubator isn't made by GQF: http://www.gqfmfg.com/store/front.asp
    Btw
    , [​IMG]

3. Edwards' East of Eden

Edwards' East of Eden Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Biloxi, MS
    Welcome - and yes, take the warning. I wanted three hens. My husband said - hey, get a rooster, too. So then three hens weren't going to be enough for a rooster, so I got six hens and a rooster. But then two of the hens were roosters, too, so I got six more chickens, straight run - but then four of those were roosters. So, I bought three hens at point of lay.

But, then I had eggs! Fertilized eggs! Got to hatch those, right? So ... that's three chicks on my back porch right now. But - I'm loving the chickens so much, so maybe I should have some pet chickens ... so I got silkie eggs. Those are the six two day old chicks in my dining room. But, I want to work on the lavender orpington project, too - so that's why I have 2.5 dozen eggs being shipped to me next week. See? It's all perfectly logical.

... ahem. Or not. Don't ask my husband. He's on the "not" boat.

Back to your question!

GQF has an old 1202, and an updated 1202A. Which do you have? The bad news, if you have the original 1202, is that GQF apparently doesn't support that incubator any longer, but will help with equivalent replacement parts if you need them, I think.

4. Bmac

Bmac Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2011
    Thanks for the replies, it is the G.Q.F. and after looking at their web site I see its the old one. Still working fine so I will see how this goes.

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Good luck with your hatching and [​IMG] from Ohio. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by