started filling in muddy part of my run today

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by blueseal, Nov 13, 2010.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i work for a construction company driving dump truck. so i got a load of 3inch crushed concrete. it is recycled concrete leftover from jobs. we have a big pile of it and we send it thru the crusher. we sell both 1inch and 3 inch it makes good roads packs in real good. the only sucky part i have to shovel it in a trailer and tow it with my four wheeler i cant get a truck close enough to dump it in the run because its so wet in my yard. i will have to trailer it with the four wheeler. 18yds may take awhile lol.

2. PuckPuckPuck

PuckPuckPuck Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Mont-Tremblanc, Quebec
    Well like the Cable Guy would say "Getter done!"[​IMG] It's hard word but after you sit back and enjoy. [​IMG]

3. 2many2count

2many2count Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Just think tho once this is done you shouldnt have to redo it for sometime if ever.....so get to work and show your chickies how much ya enjoy em then you can >>>>[​IMG] for long rest at bedtime if not before

4. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Lucky you, all that exersize and stuff LOL!

5. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:yes exercise is good i need it for sure. i got about half done today. my body aches already lol. just imagine how i will feel in the morning. wish it wasnt dark at 5pm now i could do more after work at night but oh well . 1 more weekend day should finish it.

6. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    did two more loads tonite after work. rain tommorow . hoping to get it done saturday.

7. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    So will it be like sand in ur run or more like poured concrete?

8. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:IT WILL BE LIKE HARD CONCRETE WHERE THE MUD WAS. IM FILLING IN JUST THE SPOT WHERE IT GETS MUDDY THE MOST.

9. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] and where are the "before" and "during" then "after" pics? [​IMG]

10. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:i been saying i should snap some pics . but havent yet . maybe this weekend before its all done i can get a few on here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by