Started ivomec last week, found a worm in my chickens poop

Tammys kevin

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 25, 2012
I started ivomec, 5 ml in 1 litre of water, a week ago, but today I found a chook poop with a long, sort of clear round worm in it, still moving, no idea which chook it's from, and to make matters worse one of my other chooks ate it when I went inside to get paper towel. Do I have the dosage correct, should I wait a bit longer before switching to a different wormer, does the wormer kill worms the chickens already have or just prevent infestation? Can these worms be passed to humans or dogs?

Ew. Wazine is real cheap wormer for round worms, which is probably what they have. It's an ounce per gallon for 24 hours.
And I think most people like Safeguard.

Look for Dawg53-he's the worm expert (and I mean it in a nice way), LOL

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Dawg53 I'm guessing both dogs and humans can catch these worms as well?

What is dosage and egg withdrawal on valbazen and safeguard?
Dosage for the liquid valbazen cattle/sheep wormer and/or the safeguard liquid goat wormer is 1/2cc given orally undiluted (use one wormer or the other.) Then repeat dosing again in 10 days. For bantams, dosage is 1/4cc.
There a 24 day withdrawal period from start to finish. You can give the eggs to your dogs if you wish.

Dawg's method is easier, lol, but I like to weigh my birds and dose them with Safeguard/Panacur, liquid or paste (Fenbendazole 10%) 50mg/kg (.5cc/kg) by mouth and reapeat in ten days.

Back
Top Bottom