1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. The Coop that I am building will be 8x8x10 38" off the ground to give my chickens a 8x8 shaded yard under the coop and then a 8x8 open yard in front.

I called in the Calvary ( 2 friends and my Father) for help this Saturday so other than some minor details it should be under roof by sundown so my roo's can spend the 1st night in their new home [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    Nice job. Your off to a great start.

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    very nice and i love your outhouse it's very pretty.

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Nice job so far, the outhouse is really cute.

5. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

I want to see pictures of how you build the elevator for the chickens to get to the second floor!!! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Great job... Please keep the progress pics coming.

7. Should have plenty of pics taken to post Saturday evening [​IMG]

Due to some really great people at this site I found a real good breeder only 15 minutes from my house!!! (Awesome)

So Saturday I will be picking up 8 Deliware Hens, 4 New Hampshire Hens just about ready to start laying and at the last minute I managed to get onto the waiting list for 12 beautiful Gray colored Ameraucana chicks that I can pick up late may, early June [​IMG]

The Misses isnt real impressed with me at the moment because as of last Friday ""No Coop No Chickens""" Then I came home from work with a couple Roosters that evening.

And then it started!! I just couldn't help myself [​IMG]

Sundown this Saturday evening I will Have 12 Hens and 3 roosters [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and a real nice Coop [​IMG]

PS I haven't hold her about my plans of getting an incubator yet [​IMG]

Sunday I will be starting construction on a brooder box [​IMG] So its ready for June

8. Well?? Out of the 3 people that was going to help me Saturday No body showed up because of calling for rain....

Al tho it was a bit wet out Saturday I couldn't let that stop me...

By 4:30 am I had framed out all of the walls, built and hung the trusses and got all of the out side plywood hung.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunday my buddy Kip came over and and stayed long enough to help me get the roof on and hang the door... Then after he left I installed the ramp into the coop, built nesting boxes, a couple roosting poles and completed the wire around the coop.

7:15 pm today I decided I had enough for one day and decided to call it quits.

Later this week I will complete the roof and start on trim, painting and misc. items that are left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009