Started my coop with no carpentry experience

lindalouly

Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom
8 Years
Jul 8, 2015
The great northwest!!!!!! Washington state

Not bad for recycled wood.

Doesn't look much different than mine minus the nest box and mine sits under tin roof. I would highly recommend painting all of the osb before it gets rained on as it will warp and swell. The roof will also leak when it gets wet. Its not advised to use osb for exterior uses but it will work just fine if its sealed good

Thanks guys. I'm still working on it and learning as I go.. I made the roof way bigger and shingled it. I'm gonna slant the egg box and add a door that is hook up open with a pully. I have the hard wire for the openings.... Just trying to figure out how to put those in. Would just pain protect the wood from rot or do I need a sealer of some sort.

Well I finally finished the construction... The chickens were not happy with the out come lol. They were so use to perching in the openings on the side. They became snippy having those opening covered in hardware cloth and did not like that I put on a door to close them up. They will get use to it. Now on to painting and waiting for some big boys to raise it on some cement blocks!!!!

Back
Top Bottom