started new 16x36 coop!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jaclyn528, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Jaclyn528

Jaclyn528 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2009
    Their will be a 6x16 storage area with a brooder, a 12x16 pen for the turkeys,Two 9x16 pens. One for all the chickens, the other for guineas and peafowl.Started last weekend,here it is so far....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] the ducks and geese are staying in the old coop.
    [​IMG]

2. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    where ever you live is very pretty, and nice start on the coop [​IMG]

3. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    It is going to be awesome. Are you building this as a money making proposition or are you just feeding your habit (like most of us do)?

4. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    And all I can think is "It is NOT going to be big enough!! [​IMG]

I was trying to calculate exactly how big a building I need for my birds and realized I need a full-sized BARN. Thank God I have downsized to bantams, otherwise I'd need 2! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well, when you think about breeding pens, and batchlor pens, and winter pens, and quarentine, and..... and.... and...

Chickens should come with a warning label that reads, "More addictive and more expensive than Crack."

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  5. Jaclyn528

Jaclyn528 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2009
    Just feeding my habit.Became a stay at home mom about a year ago.I was bored,and needed a hobby. Thought I would raise a few chickens for eggs,and now i have chickens,ducks,geese,guineas,peafowl,quail and alot of turkeys.I even sold my motorcycle and have put the money towards building this coop.Crazy i know.Figured I would have a better chance at getting the husband to build it for me if i had the money to pay for it.

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    Great site....the chickens will have a nice view and lots of space!!![​IMG]

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    very very pretty scenery your animals will have!! nice job on the coop!

8. CHIC

CHIC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    WOW! HUGE! I am so so so so jealous! I also didn't know how addictive this was. When I first looked into getting chickens, I went on a hatchery site and almost gave up because I didn't want 25. Now, 25 are on their way and I am already scheming a way to get 25 more! DH is going to kill me before this is over lol.

9. MHG

MHG Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2009
    WOW...very nice start! And I thought my 8x10 was big [​IMG]

When my wife first suggested that we raise chickens I didn't realize then how much fun and addicting it would be...looks like you are hooked too!

[​IMG] Waiting for more picts!

10. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Wow that is gonna be huge. We have an 8x12 coop. Then we just built or Serama coop and next spring we will build a bantam coop. Going that big you should be set for some time into the future. Your very lucky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by