Started off with 4, now I want more!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by montanasandy, Dec 16, 2010.

1. montanasandy

montanasandy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Potomac, Montana
    I started with 4 chickens last spring. Now I can't wait for more! Plans to expand the coop...Why oh why did I not make a bigger one to begin with! [​IMG]

Anyone else have this problem!??[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. vmdanielsen

vmdanielsen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    West Lebanon, NY
    YES! In July a friend gave me four pullets (lila[cuckoo marans], plucky [silver leghorn], betty[giant white], and vanessa[spangled hamburg]). i purchased a 3x4 coop and figured ok, now I have chickens!....But wait! I fell in love! I would come home on a hot summer day, grab a cold glass of wine , some cheese(cheese didn't last long...they ate most of it!!) and sit on a milk crate and visit with my girls. THEN IT HAPPENED!! I WANTED MORE. Had another, bigger coop built and bought breeding buckeyes and plan to raise my own and maybe sell some. YUP I got it bad. First coop is empty awaiting the new arrivals in the spring...........

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Surely you jest. [​IMG]

Chickens are addictive. I now have 8, yes, eight coops, and .... Well, let's just say "lots" of chickens.

4. montanasandy

May 11, 2010
    Potomac, Montana
    Quote:Yes, yes!!! I do the same! Happy hour with the chickens is the best.....Now that winter is here, I still go out and sit with them, but the happy hour is inside. [​IMG] Planning on getting 5 more this spring! [​IMG]

5. montanasandy

May 11, 2010
    Potomac, Montana
    Quote:Oh dear! Maybe I should make the addition REALLY BIG! [​IMG]

6. vmdanielsen

Sep 20, 2010
    West Lebanon, NY
    Quote:Yes, yes!!! I do the same! Happy hour with the chickens is the best.....Now that winter is here, I still go out and sit with them, but the happy hour is inside. [​IMG] Planning on getting 5 more this spring! [​IMG]

After working all day, I find it and them ssooo therapeutic!! Too dark when I get home now. But I go out and tuck them in for the night.

7. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    They are like potato chips, you can't have just one......or over 40. I started out with 4 a little over a year and a half ago. Now I have 5 coops, at least 40 chickens, 7 runner ducks, 3 call ducks, 11 chicks in the brooder in the front room, 2 ducks eggs under a broody, and 2 incubators running.

Hello my name is Tricia, I'm addicted to chickens.

Oh and it catching, DH and DD's have chicken fever too now.

8. vmdanielsen

Sep 20, 2010
    West Lebanon, NY
    Quote:Tricia, you should start a thread...the I'm, addicted to chickens thread!

Hi! my name is Ginny. I AM addicted to chickens. I passed the disease to my forgiving husband.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  9. montanasandy

May 11, 2010
    Potomac, Montana
    Quote:Tricia, you should start a thread...the I'm, addicted to chickens thread!

Hi! my name is Ginny. I AM addicted to chickens. I passed the disease to my forgiving husband.

YES!! Hello, my name is Sandy and I am being to think I AM addicted to chickens! [​IMG]

10. crosbygroup

crosbygroup Chillin' With My Peeps

After working all day, I find it and them ssooo therapeutic!! Too dark when I get home now. But I go out and tuck them in for the night.

Me too! [​IMG] I love happy hour with the chickens, but they steal the cheese and crackers. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by