Started off with 4, now I want more!

montanasandy

Chirping
9 Years
May 11, 2010
Potomac, Montana
I started with 4 chickens last spring. Now I can't wait for more! Plans to expand the coop...Why oh why did I not make a bigger one to begin with!
barnie.gif

Anyone else have this problem!??
D.gif

Last edited:
YES! In July a friend gave me four pullets (lila[cuckoo marans], plucky [silver leghorn], betty[giant white], and vanessa[spangled hamburg]). i purchased a 3x4 coop and figured ok, now I have chickens!....But wait! I fell in love! I would come home on a hot summer day, grab a cold glass of wine , some cheese(cheese didn't last long...they ate most of it!!) and sit on a milk crate and visit with my girls. THEN IT HAPPENED!! I WANTED MORE. Had another, bigger coop built and bought breeding buckeyes and plan to raise my own and maybe sell some. YUP I got it bad. First coop is empty awaiting the new arrivals in the spring...........

Quote:
Yes, yes!!! I do the same! Happy hour with the chickens is the best.....Now that winter is here, I still go out and sit with them, but the happy hour is inside.
sad.png
Planning on getting 5 more this spring!
wee.gif

Quote:
Yes, yes!!! I do the same! Happy hour with the chickens is the best.....Now that winter is here, I still go out and sit with them, but the happy hour is inside.
sad.png
wee.gif

After working all day, I find it and them ssooo therapeutic!! Too dark when I get home now. But I go out and tuck them in for the night.

They are like potato chips, you can't have just one......or over 40. I started out with 4 a little over a year and a half ago. Now I have 5 coops, at least 40 chickens, 7 runner ducks, 3 call ducks, 11 chicks in the brooder in the front room, 2 ducks eggs under a broody, and 2 incubators running.

Hello my name is Tricia, I'm addicted to chickens.

Oh and it catching, DH and DD's have chicken fever too now.

Quote:
Tricia, you should start a thread...the I'm, addicted to chickens thread!

Hi! my name is Ginny. I AM addicted to chickens. I passed the disease to my forgiving husband.

Last edited:
Quote:
Tricia, you should start a thread...the I'm, addicted to chickens thread!

Hi! my name is Ginny. I AM addicted to chickens. I passed the disease to my forgiving husband.

YES!! Hello, my name is Sandy and I am being to think I AM addicted to chickens!
smile.png

Quote:
sad.png
wee.gif

After working all day, I find it and them ssooo therapeutic!! Too dark when I get home now. But I go out and tuck them in for the night.

Me too!
love.gif
I love happy hour with the chickens, but they steal the cheese and crackers.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom