Started off with just 11 pullets, now I'm at 21 birds, pictures added

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Laura78, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Laura78

Laura78 Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    So I've got my 11 pullets and added the following......4 ducklings, 2 runner ducklings, 2 goslings (pair), and 2 turkeys. They're all still inside, lol.

Edited: lost a duckling last night.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    hey lol good luck! and also [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. wings

wings Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??? [​IMG]

One thing you have to know about us BYCers is that we LOVE pictures! [​IMG]

4. Laura78

Laura78 Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    I'll go take some now. FYI, I lost my other Khaki Campbell duck thru the night. I don't know what was wrong, yesterday when I came home it was doing bad, but I nursed it back. When I went to bed it was running around with the other ducklings, drinking and eating.

5. Laura78

Laura78 Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    Here's the chickens, they are going to be 5 wks old on Tuesday. Does anyone notice if any look like future roos? They're all suppose to be pullets. I've got 5 EEs, 1 RIR, 2 BR, 2 B Australorps, and 1 B Orpington. (excuse my bathroom, I started to do a little painting and I'm afraid to finish while birds are inside)

EE.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Australorps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Orpington
    [​IMG]

BR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RIR
    [​IMG]

6. Laura78

Laura78 Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    Ducks and Geese. I've got a pair of African Geese, 2 Rowan (sp?) ducks, 2 Buff ducks, and 2 Runner ducks (Khaki and black). The Runner ducks and Geese were hatched on Monday and the other 4 ducks are exactly one week older.

All ducks
    [​IMG]

Ducks and Geese, I took the runners out so the bigger ones could have deeper water to dive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Laura78

Laura78 Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    And finally my turkeys, one is a White and the other a Bronze. Last night I thought the White one would never shut up. It was running circles in the box peeping. It would only stop when one of us would hold it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by