started out as a tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by the Pollo Loco, Dec 13, 2009.

1. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    My coop started out as a tractor, but as I had to change locations it became a fixed coop!! Maybe someday [​IMG] I'll get around to attaching
    the wheels on it and taking it o[​IMG]ut for a spin!! [​IMG]

2. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    That is super nice! It looks kind of big for a tractor... could one person move it if it had wheels or would it need to be towed?

3. SC_Hugh

SC_Hugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    Santa Cruz, CA
    [​IMG] greetings from the Santa Cruz mountains. I live in Felton and work in Santa Cruz. Nice tractor coop/run.

Lately, I've been buying my feed from Scotts Valley feed as they have the best selection in town. I am going to be adding a few spring chicks in a few short months.

How many chickens and what kinds do you have?

--Hugh

4. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

NICE

[​IMG]

5. the Pollo Loco

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Quote:Thanks!!!!! I was hoping to be able to move it alone, having wheels on it. But it probably would need something to pull it, (tractor?) I've got some ideas, when i do get it done I'll post new pics.

6. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    With large diameter tires it would roll really easily. Small narrow hard rubber tires will make moving it a real grunt job without a car or truck. Still doable unless ground too soft, and can be done with two people. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  7. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Oh, that's a super nice coop...wheels or not! And I love your Feeder. [​IMG]

8. the Pollo Loco

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Quote:Thanks!!! The white pvc pipe is actually the waterer. I made a feeder, but it's not in this pic.

9. the Pollo Loco

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Quote:Hi Hugh, I usually get my feed here in town at the place off commercial way near hwy 1. They quit selling Layena, I thought my birds like that better.

I have some mixed BRs and some other mutts that I incubated and now love even if they are not pure breds, started with 7 but four of them turned out to be roos. presently I have 3 hens and 2 roos all living as a happy flock. Yesterday I hatched what I believe to be some sort of cochin(?) or smthing.

10. the Pollo Loco

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    It took me a while to find it, but I must give credit where credit is due. I liked this tractor, when I first saw it I couldn't see the size it actually was till it was beside a trash can. Alzegin from AZ thank you for inspiration in the design. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by