Started out water poop/ throwing up... not good

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dandmflock, Jun 19, 2011.

1. dandmflock

dandmflock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2011
    I noticed a few of our younger girls had diarhea an sneezing seemed to be getting better ..... but woke up this morning to a very sick throwing up almost dead hen. The others seem to be fine, how do I make sure what ever it was that the others dont get it??? We put her down [​IMG] I was thinking cleaning the hen house with bleach water an the weather still been pretty wet putting some shavings down in some of the the really muddy parts of the run any other suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks

2. 1livelychick

1livelychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Bummer...so sorry for your loss. Usually watery poop is just their way of cooling off when it's really hot. don't know about the sneezing could be any number of things. Has the weather been unbearable where you are. Bleach/water is good...I purchased some of the Oxine and use it on a regular basis.

3. dandmflock

dandmflock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2011
    thanks for the help. Cleaned the coop gave them some yogurt an all new bedding in boxes, well see how the next few days go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by