Started pullets in PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by graykristen, May 5, 2008.

1. graykristen

graykristen Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2008
    Still desperately looking for ready-to-lay hens in PA!!

2. ajcress

ajcress Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    check out the bird sale at the uniontown fairgrounds on the 18th of this month. there are bound to be some there. this sale will go on throughout the year til november. at least last year it did. It is the 3rd sunday of every month from 7 to noon

good luck.

3. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Graykristen,
    IF you live in the NE part of Pa my friend has some real pretty started pullets for sale of various colors. They are half rumpless Araucana and half large sex link hens cross. They should lay a green to dark green eggs.
    This is only pick up no shipping. They are near Tamaqua, Pa. email pm if interested. Harry

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  4. graykristen

May 2, 2008
    Tamaqua may be a little too far to travel. Especially these days. Do you know how much your friend would be charging and how many they have?

Does anyone know how I can find more info about this Uniontown fairgrounds thing??

5. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Graykristen,

Have you tried Moyer's chicks in Quakertown? I know they have started pullets...not sure where you live and if this is too far.

6. graykristen

May 2, 2008
    Yes, Moyers is sold out until September. I have layer chicks in the brooder that will be laying by then. I'm just looking to start selling some eggs before then.

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by