Started Today for Easter Chicks - Hatch-Along

My husband has been hatching a lot of eggs the last couple of months and we have been surprised how long it takes them to hatch. Usually over 2 days. I guess that must be normal from what I've been reading here. He's been trying different things to make it more consistent but so far nothing has changed

Thanks. The cool part is watching my 6 year old daughter. We have the incubator set up in the guest room on a night stand. She is pretty much stationed on the bed watching every move.

Day 22 ends at 4pm today.
We have 18 hatched so far. The first Friday night, 15 on Saturday and 2 yesterday.
The remaining 14 eggs have not pipped.
Should I still be hopeful that some of the remaining eggs may hatch?

No pipping and no hatching.
We moved the chicks to the brooder, removed shells etc.
The incubator is really stinks! I think i is a combo of all the hatching yuck and maybe some bad eggs.
I think I will leave it for another couple days. Day 23 just started.

So final count was 19 hatched. 1 had a twisted leg and was culled, another was small and weak and stopped eating. 17 left.
of the remaining 12 eggs that did not hatch, I found about half to be infertile and 4-5 that were fully developed. Odd. Maybe when we had 15 hatch and the humidity shot up to 93% we had too much moisture? Odd.

As soon as I can tell the true marans apart from the crosses I will post fotos.

Back
Top Bottom