Starter pullets in North Mississippi?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sabrinainmiss, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Sabrinainmiss

Sabrinainmiss Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    Gothenburg, Nebraska
    Looking to expand and would like some starter pullets. Not to picky on breed just want some good layers.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Kristen H is in Tupelo and has different breeds. You can do a search for her. I don't have anything right now but may in the spring.

I have silkies and faverolles right now.

Marie

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Sabrina, I have black australorps and white rocks that are 6 or so weeks old right now. They are already outside and don't need a lamp on them. We are a clean and disease from farm. You will NOT bring anything home to your other chickens. I have had that happen to me before and now I am adimant about keeping other animals/poultry away from my chickens. I am in Tupelo.

4. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    KristenH how much for your hens please need to add some to my growing flock.Lisa

5. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

The ones mentioned above are $3.50 a piece.

6. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Where in N. Ms? I am about 50 miles N of Corinth and I have some speckled sussex very close to laying age. Since they are that old, I'd have to have $10/each. I have 4 mixed breed pullets about 10 weeks old that I can let go for $4/each.

7. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    KristenH how many at that price and i need more hens then anything can come get them in about a week

8. Sabrinainmiss

Apr 23, 2007
    Gothenburg, Nebraska
    Hey Kristen, Thanks for your reply, but I am looking for a little older perhaps around 14 weeks and up. I am kinda new at this and am afraid to go with young chicks yet. If you get some that age would diffently be interested as I am not that far from you.[​IMG]
    Gina I am about 50 miles south of Corrinth so a little far to travel darn it. Wish I was closer. I would not be opposed to the price just a little far.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  9. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I hear you. My parents live in Michie,which is real close to Corinth. Next time I go visit,I'll give you a holler if you want me to. That would cut the trip in half. Just let me know.

10. Sabrinainmiss

Apr 23, 2007
    Gothenburg, Nebraska
    Gina, That would be GREAT. Just let me know when you head that way. I would love to have some of your hens.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by