starter to grower ..what age ?

jarvis

Songster
8 Years
May 12, 2011
potosi
i have three different age groups .. none laying age yet .. but the youngest are .. four weeks old .. and the oldest are 18-19 weeks old ... the middle group are three months .. i wanna put the youngens out with the three month olds .. and seperate the almost laying age ones... how old do the youngest need to be before i put the on the grower ? ? i know the oldest are ready for the layer now .. but am waitin till i can seperate them ..

I believe about 12 weeks or so to go to grower. You can then keep the whole flock on grower and just offer oyster shell free choice so the girls who will be laying can get the extra calcium without having to give it to all.

the youngens are needin moved to a bigger enclosuer .. there gettin crowded . and they just ran out of there first bag of starter .. and didnt wanna buy a new bag if they were just gunna be on to the grower in a couple more weeks .. lol .. a month on it will work .. theyll actually eat it all .. then i can change them over ..
smile.png

for the three months and layin ages .. if i mixed the flock raiser and layer 50 50 would that work .. that group is already together and doin great .. theres just a big age for me to be puttin the three months on layer .. theres only two of them though that are hens and two little roosters .. but it will be just the two hens .. before long ..

Back
Top Bottom